New Homes vs. Built Homes In The Treasure Valley
Today’s new homes offer more benefits than ever before. Here’s a quick list of the Top 8 reasons why so many home owners prefer new homes to used houses:
1) Design Your Dream Home: Why settle for someone else’s choices when you can have your favorite cabinets, countertops, appliances, carpets and flooring? While you’re at it, you can select gorgeous bath and kitchen fixtures, lighting and other options that you want. Your new home will reflect the style you want, not someone else’s preferences.
2) Choose a Room Layout that Makes Life Better: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? Done. erhaps you want massive his and her’s walk-in closets? Done! Want vaulted ceilings and a luxurious, 1940’s-style master bath? Perhaps you’d like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner’s suite or French doors that open to your private patio or the hot tub? It’s easy, when you build your house your way.
3) All New, Under Warranty: An older home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home – and the items that comprise it – are brand new and under warranty. What’s the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacement.
4) Energy and Cost Efficient: Today’s new homes are more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, it’s game over, advantage new.Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting single-pane windows in an aged home? Many new homes offer double or even triple-pane windows. Special window coatings and inert gases between the layers of glass are often available, saving you even more energy and money in both heating and cooling season.
5) Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today’s new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. They combine high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration. The result is year-round, draft-free comfort and higher indoor air quality.
6) Low Maintenance: New cars today are computer-designed and computer-equipped. That’s why they perform much more reliably than a car that’s 15 or 20 years old. Homes are the same. Today’s new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They’re also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.
7) Advanced Technology and Design: It’s possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today’s high-performance windows. It’s also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it’s very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won’t have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
8) Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams that stop if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally-friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier.