Sometimes creating your ideal custom home in Nampa, Eagle or Star ID can be a new process. Construction drawings for your home are the road map that spells out every detail of your home and how it’s going to be built. This is what your builder and subcontractor will use throughout the process of building your home, so it’s important to spend some time with your contractor going over the plans before you finish making all your selections to make sure everything is as you want it. Ask them what all the symbols indicate, so you can get a full picture of what your home will be like. Study the floorplan and think about how you will use each room in the house and what modifications you might want to have done during construction. This will save you valuable time (and money) if you have to change something that isn’t quite right while your home is under construction. You may not be able to change some things on the plans, but it doesn’t hurt to ask, and at least you’ll know what to expect once construction begins. It’s also a good idea to ask your agent what the most common selections or modifications are that past homebuyers have made. Your agent has been around long enough that they have probably helped dozens of people through the process and know about all the pitfalls. Chances are, they have even helped someone else build your exact floor plan or one very similar and can recommend a number of things to consider before you finalize your options and start new home construction.
- Acquiring Your Lot/Land – Having the right lot/land is key to building your new home. Make sure the lot/land has access to all necessary utilities and appropriate water and sewage services. Choose a lot/land that is well suited to the type of home you will build.
- Choosing The Right Contractor – Choosing the right new home contractor has the most impact on the success of the project and your overall enjoyment with the building experience. The contract price and the quality of the construction vary from contractor to contractor. That’s why we recommend you talk to us so that we can properly build your new home with little hassle.
- Selecting The Right Lender – Just like choosing your contractor, choosing the right lender is important. BBVA Compass offers competitive financing options that save you money. Saving money on your financing allows you to put more money into your new home.
- Sustainable Style – Requesting recycled building materials will help you save money, plus it’s the in-style thing to do. Also, look for reduced price products like floor models, reconditioned appliances and discontinued models and products (you can usually score big with Craigslist furniture).
- Custom Made – The real benefit to a custom home is longevity and the solace it provides for years. If you’re going to spend the money, and qualify all the above steps, getting what you want out of the construction helps to remind you everyday in your home, that it’s yours.